Pennslyvania Council for the Social Studies
PCSS promotes quality Social Studies education from kindergarten to higher learning by:
- Advocating the Social Studies at all levels of education in Pennsylvania.
- Promoting the analysis, dissemination and evaluation of Social Studies materials.
- Examining and recommending certification requirements for teachers.
- Assisting educators in organizing local Social Studies councils for professional development.
- Cooperating with schools, districts, intermediate units and other interested parties on Social Studies projects.
Latest News from PCSS
HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – A state lawmaker says Pennsylvania’s schools should be teaching students how to spot fake news on social media. State Rep. Tim Briggs (D-Montgomery) introduced legislation this […]