Pennslyvania Council for the Social Studies
PCSS promotes quality Social Studies education from kindergarten to higher learning by:
- Advocating the Social Studies at all levels of education in Pennsylvania.
- Promoting the analysis, dissemination and evaluation of Social Studies materials.
- Examining and recommending certification requirements for teachers.
- Assisting educators in organizing local Social Studies councils for professional development.
- Cooperating with schools, districts, intermediate units and other interested parties on Social Studies projects.
Latest News from PCSS
A new series of short videos is being offered free of charge by Bowdoin College as its contribution to a national effort aimed at improving civics education in the United […]
Dear NCSS Affiliated Council, Associated Group and Community Leader: You are invited to express yourself again: As you might know the resolutions process is how you get your voice […]