Pennslyvania Council for the Social Studies
PCSS promotes quality Social Studies education from kindergarten to higher learning by:
- Advocating the Social Studies at all levels of education in Pennsylvania.
- Promoting the analysis, dissemination and evaluation of Social Studies materials.
- Examining and recommending certification requirements for teachers.
- Assisting educators in organizing local Social Studies councils for professional development.
- Cooperating with schools, districts, intermediate units and other interested parties on Social Studies projects.
Latest News from PCSS
“Rethinking the Gilded Age and Progressivisms: Race, Capitalism, and Democracy, 1877 to 1920” A Summer Institute for K-12 Teachers June 25– July 21, 2017 Chicago, Illinois www.gildedandprogressive.org The Chicago History […]
Library of Congress 2017 Summer Teacher Institutes The Library of Congress is now accepting applications for its week-long summer institutes for K-12 educators. Held at the Library of Congress in […]
The George Washington Teacher Institute is proud to announce six summer residential programs. The programs will feature unparalleled access to content scholars, the Mount Vernon estate, and sources, both primary […]