Pennslyvania Council for the Social Studies
PCSS promotes quality Social Studies education from kindergarten to higher learning by:
- Advocating the Social Studies at all levels of education in Pennsylvania.
- Promoting the analysis, dissemination and evaluation of Social Studies materials.
- Examining and recommending certification requirements for teachers.
- Assisting educators in organizing local Social Studies councils for professional development.
- Cooperating with schools, districts, intermediate units and other interested parties on Social Studies projects.
Latest News from PCSS
Every year, PCSS elects five Board members and a Recording Secretary. Every other year, PCSS also elects a future president as president-elect. The year 2016 is the off year when […]