Pennslyvania Council for the Social Studies
PCSS promotes quality Social Studies education from kindergarten to higher learning by:
- Advocating the Social Studies at all levels of education in Pennsylvania.
- Promoting the analysis, dissemination and evaluation of Social Studies materials.
- Examining and recommending certification requirements for teachers.
- Assisting educators in organizing local Social Studies councils for professional development.
- Cooperating with schools, districts, intermediate units and other interested parties on Social Studies projects.
Latest News from PCSS
Library of Congress 2017 Summer Teacher Institutes The Library of Congress is now accepting applications for its week-long summer institutes for K-12 educators. Held at the Library of Congress in […]
The George Washington Teacher Institute is proud to announce six summer residential programs. The programs will feature unparalleled access to content scholars, the Mount Vernon estate, and sources, both primary […]