Title: Museum Teacher – part time
Hours: Mornings, Monday through Friday (approximately 10 hours per week)
Museum Teachers support the Historic Bethlehem mission which is: To bring history to life by educating the public about Bethlehem’s rich heritage; by preserving historic sites; and by collecting, preserving, and exhibiting historical and artistic objects that can be used to tell the stories of Bethlehem’s people.
The Museum Teacher will report to Historic Bethlehem Coordinator of Educational Programming. The museum teacher facilitates educational programs at any and all Historic Bethlehem museum sites and implements educational outreach programs at area schools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and be familiarized with educational program content.
- Manage groups of up to 25 school students and their chaperones.
- Provide safe and encouraging active learning experiences for children of all ages.
- Candidates should have professional knowledge of best practices in K-8 education.
- Preference is given to those with a Bachelor's Degree in elementary education.
Preferred candidates will have a minimum of one year experience teaching K-8 students.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must possess exceptional ability to relate to children and teachers.
- Requires high energy levels.
- Must maintain flexibility and work well with colleagues.
- Ability to walk and stand for up to three hours.
Background Checks: Job offers are contingent upon a clearance of a criminal record background check and a child abuse background check.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Historic Bethlehem Partnership
74 West Broad Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018