The Social Studies Journal
Spring 2012 Themed Edition
Social Studies and Literacy: A Natural Connection
We invite papers that address this year’s conference theme: Social Studies and Literacy: A Natural Connection. We are especially interested in papers that include content relevant to Pennsylvania. Some general manuscript guidelines are stated below.
- Manuscripts should be sent by email as an attachment to Dr. Jodi Bornstein, The Social Studies Journal Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt of manuscripts will be acknowledged by email within one week of submission.
- Articles must specifically relate to the theory and practice of social studies and literacy education and speak to researchers and practitioners in the field. As such, article formats may include: reports of successful programs, reports of action research projects, research papers, descriptions of effective pedagogical strategies, and thought- provoking essays.
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced (including quotations, endnotes, and works cited), with standard margins. Word 2000 or later is preferred.
- Your name, address, school affiliation, telephone number, and email address should appear on the cover page only, but nowhere else on the manuscript.
- In general, manuscripts should be no more than five to ten double-spaced, typed pages in length.
- Manuscripts should follow the current edition of APA formatting for all text, including bibliography. Please number all pages.
- Please retain copies of anything you send us. We do not return any materials to authors.
- The Social Studies Journal is a peer-reviewed publication and all manuscripts are read by two or more PCSS Journal Editorial Board members.
Dr. Jodi Bornstein
450 S. Easton Rd Glenside, PA 19038