The Social Studies Journal
Call for Manuscripts
Deadline: February 15, 2017
The Social Studies Journal, a peer-reviewed publication of the Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies, issues a call for manuscripts for our spring 2017 issue. The Social Studies Journal accepts submissions of original, full-length manuscripts that focus on research and/or practice in K-12 social studies education, teacher preparation, and teacher professional development. Social Studies Journal welcomes submissions from established and emerging scholars as well as K-12 teachers and other education professionals in the field of social studies.
- Articles must relate to the theory and/or practice of teaching and learning in social studies and may relate to K-12 education, teacher education, or professional development of practicing teachers. As such, article formats may include: reports of successful programs; reports of action research projects; research papers; descriptions of effective pedagogical strategies; analyses of teaching materials such as primary sources; thought-provoking essays; etc..
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced (including references), 12-point font, with standard margins and must be submitted in Microsoft Word format following the current edition of APA formatting for all text including references.
- The author’s name, address, school affiliation, telephone number, and email address should appear on the cover page only, and nowhere else in the manuscript, including in references. For manuscripts with multiple authors, a contact author should be designated.
- In general, Social Studies Journal accepts manuscripts between three and twelve pages long, but exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Please retain copies of anything you send to the editor. Copies are not returned to authors.
- If the manuscript includes images, appendices, etc., these should be included at the end of the manuscript in the same document. Authors are responsible for obtaining permissions for, and properly crediting, any images used.
- The Social Studies Journal is a peer-reviewed publication and all manuscripts are read by two or more blind peer-reviewers.
Dr. Jessica B. Schocker, Social Studies Journal editor
Associate Professor of Social Studies Education and Women’s Studies
The Pennsylvania State University, Berks College